Mumbai, India, March 8, 2021: TresVista, a leading provider of high-end outsourced support to corporates, asset managers, and entrepreneurs, has reiterated its focus on women empowerment by partnering with Aspire For Her, a non-profit company that aims to inspire and support women in the workforce. The combined efforts of TresVista’s CSR team and Aspire For Her have led to the creation of a comprehensive report on Women at Work, which focuses on the impact of COVID-19 on working women’s lives and careers to highlight the various pain-points in a working woman’s journey and initiate meaningful discourse for envisaging feasible solutions.
The research report studies the impact of the global pandemic on India’s women workforce, focusing on four main variables – industry sector, occupational status, work experience, and hierarchical position. For Aspire For Her, the report serves as a foundation for the work that needs to be done within women’s communities to cater to their changing needs and work requirements. The comprehensive research was conducted with a sample size of 800 women across various industry sectors, occupational status, work experience, and hierarchical positions.
The report states that 25.1% of working women were negatively impacted while the role changed for 54.9% of them. These numbers combined indicate that over 80% of working women were impacted in some form. 38.5% of working women said they were adversely affected by the added burden of housework/childcare/eldercare, and 43.7% stated that their work-life balance has become worse. The average age of these women is 37 years, and 52.7% of the respondents have children.
According to Vishal Shah, Director, TresVista, “Throughout 2020, we saw women, both in personal and professional lives, put in double the effort of managing home and work. It was a tough time for salaried professionals as everyone feared job losses. It raised questions around security and a sense of belonging. That is why it became an urgent need to study the effect of COVID-19 on the women workforce in India to understand the problem. Considering a lot of companies would deploy a hybrid (WFH + partial office resumptions), it is important to find long-term solutions to this issue”.
“As a financial services provider, TresVista is extremely focused on enabling the Indian population. One of the important pillars for the organization is women empowerment. We value the role that women can play in India’s socio-economic growth and are committed to empowering women to choose to walk their own path. This has motivated us to support and collaborate with Aspire For Her,” added Shah.
The wide-reaching research has helped Aspire For Her craft the strategy for motivating women to enter and stay in the workforce. According to Madhura DasGupta Sinha, Founder & CEO – Aspire For Her, “This is not just a report but a lighthouse for us. All of us at Aspire For Her appreciate the wonderful support provided by TresVista in fulfilling our vision of building a community of 1 million working women who are financially independent!”
Through the WiT (Women in TresVista) committee, TresVista has organized multiple workshops for women in the organization for leadership and development training. The pro-bono collaboration has enabled TresVista in leading its support towards women empowerment and its CSR commitments. Both TresVista and Aspire For Her hope that the report insights will help organizations work on initiatives to help women in the workplace. It is likely to be a beacon of hope for the working women community in India.
Link to the Report –https://www.aspireforher.org/research/
Founded in 2006, TresVista has been the leading provider of high-end outsourced support for asset managers, entrepreneurs & corporates for over a decade. TresVista’s support functions include business plan development, all aspects of fund administration, portfolio management, valuation & research, and deal sourcing & execution. With over 700 employees across offices in Bengaluru, Mumbai, New York, Pune, and Singapore, TresVista delivers cost and operational efficiencies for over 1,000 clients across geographies and asset classes, who collectively manage over $10 trillion in AUM.
For more details, please contact:
TresVista celebrates 5th anniversary of its WiT (Women in TresVista) cell, established exclusively for and by women employees
TresVista, the leading enterprise offering a diversified portfolio of services, including investment diligence, industry research, business development, fund administration, accounting, and data analytics, celebrates five successful years of its Women in TresVista (WiT) cell.