The client, a Private Credit firm, asked the TresVista team to build a live dynamic dashboard that allows them to view details such as outstanding balance, utilization percentage, cash balance, etc. pertaining to their deals over a specified time horizon. The client wanted the ability to drill down into different types of deals and then view individual deals falling within the category.
To build a live dynamic portfolio monitoring dashboard for the client to view details related to their portfolio.
The TresVista team followed the following process:
• Firstly, the team needed to pull all the data from their project management tool where the client stored the monthly files that they received from the servicers in a shared tool
• The team then collated the data into one master data set using power query. This allowed the team to automate the data collation process and prevents the file from crashing
• Finally, the team leveraged the power pivot functionality to generate the final output, allowing the client to view their performance in its entirety
The major hurdles faced by the TresVista team were:
• The monthly data in the backend did not follow a streamlined format
• There were pieces of data missing for particular deals
The team overcame these hurdles by identifying the gaps in data and made a comprehensive list of missing data points that were shared with the client. The team then had a lot of back and forth with the client and set up separate calls with their senior analyst to ensure they have properly structured data in the back end.
The TresVista team provided the functionality to break down different types of deals and look at their overall exposure to each type. Moreover, the team also enabled the user to drill down into specific deals and view performance metrics over a time span.